What will I learn with a Psychology Degree?
When you complete your degree, you will be able to:
- Articulate the complimentary nature of biblical thought and the study of psychology.
- Display a broad knowledge of the history and origins of psychological thought and practice.
- Understand and be competent in basic psychological theory, technique, and practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to serve in ministry or career roles that emphasize interpersonal relationships and development.
- Possess the skills and background knowledge required to enter graduate school to pursue further studies in psychology or other fields.
Why should I consider an online program with Barclay College for a Psychology Degree?
One of the biggest advantages of our online psychology program is its flexibility in schedule. Online education means no relocation is necessary.
What will a faith-based college offer me that is unique in this program?
Barclay approaches study from a biblical worldview. Biblical truth serves as the foundation from which we approach all learning in the field, but our program integrates psychological research with our biblical worldview. We value both the Bible and science, which when considered together, gives us better insights into human behavior.
What can I do with a psychology degree?
Barclay’s program in Psychology provides an excellent foundation for entering into social work and/or continuing for your masters in clinical psychology, or a variety of other fields. If you’re interested in pursuing the full range of possibilities for careers in Psychology, you’ll want to pursue graduate studies. A graduate degree opens the possibilities of a career in counseling centers, education, industry, and health agencies, or, at the doctoral level, opportunities ranging from private practice to teaching or research.
Here are a few opportunities for those with a psychology degree. Some of these opportunities also require a graduate degree.
- Social work case managers
- Human resource managers
- Mental health and substance abuse social workers
- Medical and clinical laboratory technologists
- Probation officers and correctional treatment specialists
- Parole Officers
- Occupational health and safety specialists
- Recreational therapists
- Rehabilitation Counselors
- Military Careers
Expertise in this area can be applied to a wide variety of other fields, including education, business, information technology, and the law.
What is the career/job outlook?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects that employment for psychologists will increase by 14% between 2018 and 2028, roughly double the rate of growth for the rest of the economy. BLS projects that the demand for marriage and family therapists will grow by an impressive 23% during that same span.
What are alums of the program doing?
Expect to be sought after by graduate schools and several employers.
* According to The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
Projected employment increase for psychologist*
Between 2018 and 2028
Higher demand for marriage and family therapists*
Between 2018 and 2028
How to Apply
You'll hear from us each step of the way
Submit our easy, free
Click on "Apply" below to begin.
Stand by for a
Campus: We'll usually have a decision within 48 hours after your interview.
Online: A decision usally will be made within 48 hours.
Barclay taught me so much about the Bible and psychology. I feel more equipped to understand where my foster parents and clients are coming from and why they repeat negative behaviors.”
2020, Psychology Online
Parent Aid, Foster Care System, Chino Valley AZ
Have questions about Psychology?
Chair of Psychology
M.S. Friends University
B.S. Barclay College