Does Barclay College accept courses from other colleges and universities?

Yes, in order to start this process, please submit an official transcript(s) demonstrating a cumulative GPA of 2.5 on all nursing and general education coursework from an accredited college or university located within the United States. Credits from non-accredited schools are accepted only on the basis of sound validation and will be considered on a case-by-case basis. For additional information, please review the Student Handbook policies.

How can I find out if my previous college courses meet Barclay College’s nursing-specific general education requirements?

After submitting your transcripts, you will work with your admissions representative and nursing advisor to answer any necessary degree audit questions. If you have questions regarding transferability prior to applying, please reach out to

How many credits are required for full-time status?

Students are defined to be full-time in the fall and spring semesters if they are enrolled in at least 12 credit hours. During the summer session, at least 6 credit hours are required for full-time status.

How do I schedule an appointment with the nursing advisor?

Please contact Or call 800-862-0226 and ask for a Nursing Advisor.

What is College Writing and Research and Writing?

These are often called English Comp I and English Comp II at other colleges.

When should I apply to the BSN Program?

Traditional pre-nursing students should apply to the BSN Program during their sophomore year of college. Transfer students will apply once they have completed all the admission requirements. Please do not apply to the program until all requirements have been met, as reviewing incomplete applications slows down admissions response time for everyone.

Where will I do my clinical rotations?

Barclay College has partnerships with the following facilities:

  • Ascension Via Christi, Wichita, KS
  • Pratt Regional Medical Center, Pratt, KS
  • Pratt Health and Rehab, Pratt, KS
  • Kiowa County Memorial Hospital, Greensburg, KS
  • Larned State Hospital, Larned, KS

What scholarships are available?

Barclay College proudly offers a *Full Tuition Scholarship* to ALL students that choose to live in the dorms. This 4-year, $80,000 scholarship allows you to receive a solid Biblical education and graduate with little to no debt. For additional information and current fee and housing rates, please CLICK HERE.

When and how will I know if I have been accepted to the BSN program?

If your application is submitted prior to the priority deadline of April 1, you will be notified of acceptance via email and letter no later than May 1. Applications received after April 1 will be processed on an individual basis and timelines will vary.

Will I be able to work during my Junior and Senior years of nursing school?

Many students need to work during their Junior/Senior years. Opportunities will be available to work in area hospitals, nursing homes, and other healthcare facilities, especially on the weekends and holidays. There are many other work opportunities on and off campus outside the healthcare facilities in Kiowa and Pratt counties.

Can I be a part-time BSN student?

No, the BSN program is in a traditional format with a set sequence of courses. At this time, it is only offered in a full-time capacity.

How many seats are available in Barclay College’s BSN program each year?

Barclay College’s BSN Program has 18 seats available each year.

Do you offer a fall and spring start?

Barclay College’s BSN Program has a fall start only.