What will I learn with a Degree in Biblical Studies?
You should consider the online degree in Biblical Studies if you desire to know and develop an understanding of God, the Bible, the Christian world view, and God’s work in the world. This program will help you take that understanding into society in order to evangelize, disciple, and live as an example of God’s provision for humanity through Jesus Christ
When you complete the degree, you will be able to:
- Understand the need for, meaning, and practice of a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Bible and essential Christian doctrine, accurately interpret Scripture, and build an increasingly coherent Christian world view that enables you to apply biblical principles to questions of ethics, compassion, and all other life situations.
- Exhibit a lifestyle that is characterized by simplicity, integrity, responsibility, and order, which reflects concern for the social implications of the gospel and lends credibility to a Christian testimony.
- Demonstrate the basic knowledge and ability required to minister to others in their cultural group and across cultural boundaries, utilizing appropriate technology and relevant forms of both written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrate perseverance and commitment, and the ability to work productively both independently and in teams.
- Develop the skills and understanding necessary for personal Bible study, prayer, and devotional life, which can sustain and empower one’s own personal life and ministry to others.
- Demonstrate the ability to find, process, and apply information that is relevant to one’s Christian life and ministry through the exercise of both critical and creative thinking.
Why should I come to Barclay College for a Degree in Biblical Studies?
What can I do with a Degree in Biblical Studies degree?
What is the career/job outlook?
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
shows that the industry has grown in the long term (8.8% over the last five years and 4.9% over the last 5 years), but is expected to plateau.
Job openings for those directly related to theology are low, but “generalist” employment (i.e., non-profits, etc.) is incredibly high.
What are alums of the program doing?
* According to The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
Growth for jobs related to theology*
Over the last 5 years
10 year forecast
Higher demand for “generalists” (i.e. non-profits, etc.)
How to Apply
You'll hear from us each step of the way
Submit our easy, free
Click on "Apply" below to begin.
Stand by for a
Campus: We'll usually have a decision within 48 hours after your interview.
Online: A decision usally will be made within 48 hours.
The curriculum at Barclay helped me build a foundation of what it means to have a correct relationship with God and with people. This foundation was then built upon by the interactions with both professors and my fellow students. I use aspects of my education through Barclay everyday as I work for His Kingdom.”
2021 Candidate, B.A. Biblical Studies
Senior Pastor, First Christian Church, Canon City, CO
Have questions about our Biblical Studies degree?
Chair of Biblical Studies
Ph.D. Trinity Theological Seminary
M.A. Huntington University
B.S. Fort Wayne Bible College