Professor of Mathematics
Position Summary: Barclay College seeks an adjunct professor of mathematics for the Fall 2014 semester. The candidate would provide expertise and instruction for the college’s Math Concepts course, represent the college in a positive manner to students and other constituents, accurately communicate information regarding college programs and policies when asked, and perform other duties as noted in contracts or other agreements to assist in fulfilling the mission of the college.
While Barclay College would prefer to have this position filled by a candidate who can teach the course at its Haviland campus, qualified individuals who are interested in teaching the course via distance learning models are also encouraged to apply.
- Clear, well-articulated Christian testimony and vision for biblically-centered education
- Academic credentials appropriate to the subject, course, and level taught; usually a Master’s degree or higher or documented expertise in the discipline
- Agreement with the College’s Mission Statement and Statement of Faith
- Desire and ability to relate to, teach, and mentor college students of all ages
- $1,200 base pay. Incremental increases based on number of students enrolled.
Barclay College is a four-year Bible college with anEvangelicalFriendsChurch heritage. It was founded in 1917 as theKansasCentralBibleTraining School and became a center for training and preparation of pastors and missionaries. From 1925 until 1990 the college was known asFriendsBibleCollege. Barclay’s main campus is located in south-centralKansas in the small rural town ofHaviland (population 628). The location combines the advantages of a very friendly, safe, small-town environment with easy access to larger-town services about ten to twenty minutes from the campus. We have an attractive, open campus of approximately 17 acres and 7 major buildings. Our smaller size allows us to specialize in relationship building and student interaction . . . a place where you can be known by your name, not your student ID number.
Applications for the position will be accepted until June 15, 2014. The successful candidate will be selected by July 1, 2014 and the starting date for the position is August 12, 2014.
Qualified persons should submit a curriculum vitae and letter of interest to
Dr. Jim Le Shana
607 N. Kingman