Who We Are
The Institute of Biblical Translation was founded as an outgrowth of Barclay College’s establishment of a Master of Arts degree in Biblical Translation. It was soon realized that the opportunities could be far-reaching in scope. What was needed was an organization that could provide an umbrella to all the efforts of biblical translation. The formation of the Institute of Biblical Translation provides a foundation for the expansion of the work of biblical translation into much needed areas of research, academic initiatives, global educational partnerships, organizational partnerships, and increased direct translation.
The mission of the Institute of Biblical Translation is to provide resources and support for the development of scripture accessibility and engagement.
The vision of the Institute of Biblical Translation is for everyone, everywhere to have access to scripture.
Institute Strategic Goals:
- To develop global institutional partnerships for furthering scripture access and engagement.
- To provide the development and assistance to academic programs for the furtherance of scripture access and engagement.
- To conduct and make public relevant research to further the development of methodology, programs, and institutional direction that impacts scripture accessibility and engagement.
- To share the vision with the local and global church through stewardship, involvement, and missional engagement of networks.
- To provide a support to direct Bible translation and/or follow-up support to initiate translation activity initiated through partner institutions.
- To partner with evangelical Christian organizations in areas of missional overlap and mutual gain in outcomes.
Collaborative global partnerships duplicate, integrate, and engage degree programs to support scripture accessibility.
Research-driven methodology is expressed in partnership, journal publications, and text for all to use.
Bible translation projects are initiated as a result of direct translation and/or global partnering.
Courses and/or degree programs are expanded to support missional need and impact.
Statement Of Faith
As an Institution in support of biblical translation within Barclay College, the statements of faith expressed by the College applies. As an Institute engaging in partnerships related to biblical translation work, we adhere to the integrity of scripture and only engage in partnerships that uphold the literal, meaning-based translation of scripture, including the literal translation of familial terms.
DEAN OF THE INSTITUTE OF BIBLICAL TRANSLATION
the integration of these programs under their respective directors will be guided to bring a cohesive unity to vision and mission. The Dean will develop and measure outcomes related to the respective responsibilities of the institute, including the financial well-being of fiscal stewardship.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
DIRECTOR OF GLOBAL PROGRAMS AND PARTNERSHIPS
DIRECTOR OF INNOVATIVE PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
PROGRAM DIRECTOR FOR SPECIALIZED LITERACY DEVELOPMENT (SECONDARY ROLE)
Secondary to Our Daily Bread, this role provides the resources necessary to take on an accelerated, biblically-based literacy program. This program will consist of materials modification, packaging, and on-field training that will also collaborate with research in literacy.
DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT
DIRECTOR OF BIBLICAL TRANSLATION