Notice for applicants from outside the state of Kansas States require that Barclay College be authorized to deliver postsecondary distance education to their residents. Admission of applicants residing outside the state of Kansas is dependent upon BC's ability to secure such authorization from the applicant's state of residence. In order to comply with these standards, in 2016 Barclay College became a participant in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA). This is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education, aimed at making the effort to obtain state authorizations more efficient for the institutions. As participants in SARA, we are authorized to offer distance education in every state except for California (where authorization has been obtained separately). Any questions regarding state authorization should be sent to the Director of Distance Education (

Contact Information for Filing Complaints All state authorization complaints are to be made initially to the Barclay College VP of Academics, who can be reached at (800) 862-0226 during normal business hours or anytime via email ( Issues not resolved at the institutional level may be directed to the home state SARA portal agency of the institution against which the complaint has been logged. For institutions based in Kansas, the portal agency is the Kansas Board of Regents. Students with issues regarding approved Kansas institutions are to follow the complaint procedure ( as outlined.