Leading to licensure with Kansas State Department of Education & Association of Christian Schools International
Barclay College’s Teacher Education program:
- Develops leaders of integrity and high moral character, to be strong role models for all children, in one of the most rewarding and exciting mission fields of today.
- Embeds best practices in teacher education to include hands-on application, pre-service application, and reflective supervision for teacher education candidates.
- Utilizes professional knowledge, strategies, and techniques of the profession within the daily environment so that, as educational leaders create safe and caring environments.
- Ensures that high expectations and pursuit of personal best are required of teacher education candidates.
- Empowering core Christ-centered values, ethics, and spiritual development.
- Equips candidates with real-life application through field experiences and the professional knowledge necessary to become exceptional teachers of high moral character in order to “transform leaders of tomorrow in today’s classrooms.”
Barclay College’s Accredited Teacher Education Program
- Ensures a double major in Bible and Elementary Education K-6
- Leads to KSDE Licensure in Elementary Education K-6
- Enriches lives through an ACSI endorsement for teaching in an accredited ACSI school in the U.S. and abroad
- Prepares candidates through admission policies, assessments, dispositions, and course requirements for KSDE licensure and/or ACSI Certification for this program of study.
- Assists candidates in preparing for licensure and placement in a public or private Christian school classroom in kindergarten to sixth grade.
Education Courses Embed
- Biblical insights into education
- Early field experiences in great rural school districts
- Hands on application of skills and strategies
- Technology for the 21st Century
- Small class sizes with experienced faculty
- Personal advising and career guidance
- Learning to lead while loving to learn
- Kindergarten to Sixth Grade Teacher
- Public Elementary Schools
- Accredited Christian Schools
- Mission Field Teacher
- Teaching English in China
- Missionary Schools
- Bible School Teacher
Admission Requirements for Teacher Education
Contact: Cheryl Couch